and work for an international brand, with magazines and websites in over 100 cities worldwide. To keep up to date with all the latest available positions at
Time Out China is looking for a new Film editor. The role is part-time and out-of-house. The successful candidate will run Time Out China's Film content in print and online, which includes Time Out Beijing and Time Out Shanghai.
The ideal candidate will have.
– An extensive knowledge of Chinese film and film in general.
– Several years' writing experience.
– Experience writing for print.
– Experience using a content management system and writing SEO-friendly copy.
To apply, email editor Frank Sweet (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and three writing samples. In the email, tell us why you're the ideal candidate for this role.
Time Out is looking for a talented, enthusiastic intern with experience and knowledge of video production to join its expanding team.
We are looking for someone to produce short videos for our blog feed and social media.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Training in video production.
- Experience in the field.
- A knowledge of Beijing.
- Plenty of ideas to make engaging, shareable videos about the city that fit with the Time Out brand.
Office hours and length of commitment are flexible. To apply, email editor Frank Sweet (email@example.com) with a brief introduction and samples of your video work.
Time Out Family
is looking for a freelance designer to handle its quarterly magazine out-of-house. The successful candidate will demonstrate outstanding creativity and a thorough understanding of the Time Out aesthetic.
We are looking for someone:
- With experience designing magazines.
- Who has the ability to work closely with the editor to maximise the content's impact in print.
- With a thorough understanding of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- General responsibility for the layout of Time Out Family magazine.
- Directing photoshoots with our in-house photographers.
- Designing pages with InDesign.
- Checking the colour proof.
To apply, email Time Out's editor Frank Sweet (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a CV and examples of published work.
Time Out Beijing is looking for interns to join an experienced and passionate team. Part-time and full-time internships are available. Please send a CV and cover letter to editor Frank Sweet (email@example.com).
Sales and marketing
We are looking for a full-time Events Manager to join the Time Out Beijing Sales and Marketing team.
– Take charge of online and offline communications projects, planning and executing events and marketing campaigns;
– Responsible for coordinating event-related media and other resources, as well as planning projects and implementing them;
– Assist the Sales department’s client needs, including event planning and execution.
– Assist the Sales team in market development, client development, in-depth research, and business negotiations;
– Support Time Out Beijing and Time Out Family brands in new and exciting ways, supporting the marketing manager in the promotion of these brands and brand-related events.
Preferred experience and skills
– Familiar with magazines and other media operations;
– Fluent Chinese communication skills, with strong written and spoken English;
– Three or more years work experience in planning, communications, marketing and other related fields;
– A profound understanding of event marketing;
– Capable of resource integration, data analysis and management;
– Experience in planning and organising large events, executing activities and promotions independently;
– Proven ability of problem solving, executing, planning, and promoting projects;
– Excellent team player, with great enthusiasm and a sense of responsibility;
– Proven record of project development, with strong negotiation and overall management skills;
– Patient and meticulous, a strong communicator who enjoys a challenge, able to work under high pressure;
– Good writing skills required;
– Experiences in a 4A or internet advertising company, media background preferred;
– A strong network of connections within mainstream domestic media;
– Design and Photoshop skills will be a big advantage.
– Write a variety of materials for the company's brand, products and activities;
– Monitor and evaluate media publicity and marketing effectiveness;
– Collaborate with editors from both the Chinese and English teams, planning promotional campaigns and implementation strategies;
– Establish a media archive, maintaining good relationships with major media partners, constantly looking to open up new media ecosystem;
– Develop and maintain relationships with mainstream media and journalists, providing feedback about possibilities for cooperation;
– Implement new media marketing projects, covering daily activities, industry events, and emergencies;
– Coordinate all public relations activities, including solving public issues;
– Actively engage in all communication and coordination with all departments, improving internal staff relations.
Preferred experience and skills
– Three or more years work experience in PR and media;
– Journalism, public relations, and marketing majors preferred;
– Fluency in both Chinese and English, with strong writing abilities and a feel for the company style.
– An aptitude for staying up-to-date with news developments and strong connections in media.