Time Out is the trusted global platform that inspires and enables people to experience the best of the city. Operating in 107 cities, across 39 countries, it has an average monthly global audience reach of over 111 million across all platforms.
No one knows the city like Time Out because we’ve been discovering the brilliant and searching out the secret and extraordinary since 1968 in locations across the globe. If you want to know about food, attractions, art, culture, shopping and nightlife, then Time Out is your social companion. With a world-class digital platform and top-quality curated content, Time Out connects brands and local businesses to the city. We've got some great news, we're hiring a sales and marketing manager.
Sales & Marketing Manager
We are seeking a sales and marketing manager who will be our go-to for collaborating with our clients in creating win-win solutions.
Much like the Time Out brand, this person knows everything that’s happening and exciting in Beijing and is eager to be an active part of it. She/he will create custom experiences and offerings for our clients to ensure that they are the first to know about Time Out’s newest features and events as well as producing top-shelf, branded collaborations for our audience.
The right candidate will be an individual who is creative and has an entrepreneurial spirit, engaging personality and strong work ethic combined with good industry contacts and a commitment to creating new business opportunities be it straight-up advertising and more frequentlyy now, brand collaboration events. Most importantly, our candidate has innate and cultivated interpersonal communication abilities, with a prowess for creating and maintaining relationships.
Qualifications & Skills
- Professional working proficiency in both Chinese and English
- Some marketing experience in a digital media or entertainment/lifestyle environment preferred, with a demonstrated track record of event planning, as well as maintaining strong client relationships
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Strong familiarity with and passion for Beijing lifestyle, culture, art and entertainment
- Understanding of the Time Out brand and its unique selling points and positioning
- Establish the Time Out brand and story with advertisers
- Meet and exceed revenue targets every quarter - Engage and strategise with senior executives at client companies and media agencies to demonstrate how working with Time Out will drive awareness, consideration and sales
- Pitch and create advertising packages and events that meet clients' needs and budget
- Identify and create revenue-generating opportunities
- Develop and deliver presentations and pitches
- Must be a confident and credible individual, enthusiastic, self-motivated and with self-set high standards of workmanship
- Possess the gravitas and personal characteristics to communicate at all levels when dealing with clients and all teams involved
- Show initiative and enterprise at all times
- A creative and lateral thinker
- Hungry to succeed in a competitive media landscape
How to apply
These role is both full time and based remotely with meetings in-office three times a week. To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to Editorial Director Kenneth Tan at email@example.com