Join Time Out
and work for an international brand, with magazines and websites in over 100 cities worldwide. To keep up to date with all the latest available positions at Time Out Beijing, sign up for our weekly email newsletter
We are looking for a Web Editor to join the Time Out Beijing team in our noble pursuit of covering the very best of the city. The successful candidate will be an experienced writer with a background in digital content production, and an enthusiastic fountain of knowledge on Beijing’s many marvellous lifestyle offerings. This vacancy is open now.
- Create content for all of Time Out Beijing’s digital platforms, from regular blog posts on Beijing news and events to big content packages.
- Oversee the website’s event listings and venue pages.
- Manage our newsletter and all social media accounts, including our daily WeChat posts.
- Work closely with the Digital Content Manager to ensure website section pages are kept fresh and up-to-date.
- At least one year’s experience in a digital-based media or editorial role.
- Excellent writing skills and a thorough knowledge of the Time Out tone.
- An understanding of SEO, keywords, analytics and social media trends.
- Be able to generate shareable content ideas and know how to successfully execute them.
- Sharp sub-editing skills.
The ability to speak and read Mandarin will be a huge bonus, as are design and photography skills, but these are not a requirement of the role.
Apply to Managing Editor Patrick Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a covering letter, CV and three samples of published work.
Time Out is looking for a talented, enthusiastic intern with experience and knowledge of video production to join its expanding team.
We are looking for someone to produce short videos for our blog feed and social media.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Training in video production.
- Experience in the field.
- A knowledge of Beijing.
- Plenty of ideas to make engaging, shareable videos about the city that fit with the Time Out brand.
Office hours and length of commitment are flexible. To apply, email Managing Editor Patrick Moore (email@example.com) with a brief introduction and samples of your video work.
Time Out Beijing is looking for interns to join an experienced and passionate team. Part-time and full-time internships are available. Please send a CV and cover letter to Managing Editor Patrick Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org).