Time Out is looking for a talented Digital & Social Media editor to join the Time Out Beijing team in our noble pursuit of covering the very best of the city. The successful candidate will be an experienced writer with a background in digital and social content production, and an enthusiastic fountain of knowledge on Beijing’s many marvelous offerings. This vacancy is open now.Main responsibilities:
* Create content for all of Time Out Beijing's digital platforms, from regular blog posts on Beijing news and events to big content packages.
* Oversee the website's event listings and venue pages.
* Manage our newsletter and all social media accounts, including our daily WeChat posts.
* Ensure that the website section pages are kept fresh and up-to-date.
* Maintain the accuracy of venue and event listings. Requirements:
* At least one year's experience in a digital-based media or editorial role.
* Excellent writing skills and a thorough knowledge of the Time Out tone.
* An understanding of SEO, keywords, analytics and social media trends.
* Be able to generate shareable content ideas and know how to successfully execute them.
* Sharp sub-editing skills.
The ability to speak and read Mandarin will be a huge bonus, as are design and photography skills, but these are not a requirement of the role.
Apply with an email
to Editorial Director Kenneth Tan with a covering letter, CV, three samples of published work and your salary expectations.
Time Out is looking for a talented, enthusiastic intern with experience and knowledge of video production to join its expanding team.
We are looking for someone to produce short videos for our blog feed and social media.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Training in video production.
- Experience in the field.
- A knowledge of Beijing.
- Plenty of ideas to make engaging, shareable videos about the city that fit with the Time Out brand.
Office hours and length of commitment are flexible. To apply, send your CV, a brief introduction and samples of your video work to email@example.com.
Time Out Beijing is looking for interns to join an experienced and passionate team. Part-time and full-time internships are available. Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spotted something we're missing? Got an idea for a top feature to add to our ultimate guide? We're always open to high-quality contributions from talented writers with an enthusiasm for all things Beijing. Send detailed pitches, alongside a brief introduction to yourself and your experience to email@example.com; if possible, please attach examples of relevant published work.